Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The worse has yet to come

Was in french class and we were all doing the listening section first followed by the oral section


Listening part :


There were 3 sections asking on the scenario at the train station. Each section the lecturer would play the audio 3 times.The first two section were quite alright as the audio wasn't that hard to listen to. I thought to myself " I could actually get full marks for this! It's so easy! "


The 3rd section was fcuking tough! There were a lot of numbers that were mentioned and it's not easy to picked it up as they were talking super fast! Everyone's face in the classroom were like " WTF??!!! I didn't get it!! " So she played it for the second round. This time everyone still couldn't get it and I could still see some " WTF??!! " faces around the class.



After the 3rd round, I think everyone was practically upset because that section alone is 5 marks. That 5 marks means ALOT if you do not do well in your oral because your listening part will help you pull your marks up!



Now the oral part :


There were 24 pupils in the class and there's no way she could finish it by today, so she had to split! Me and Tiara were praying * or rather me * that the hotel students would go first as they were the bigger group! When she called my name , Tiara , Timothy and a few from the Tourism group; I nearly wanted to die as I wasn't prepared for it yet!



So I continued praying that Andrew would go first cause if it wasn't him it'll be ME!!!! I was praying really hard then she called my name " Adeline! " Tiara and Timothy were laughing and all I could say was " Masa untuk mati! means Time to die " I was so fcuking nervous and all the things I've remembered for my introduction were gone! It was practically shut somewhere when I saw the questions that I'd chosen and I couldn't find the key to unlock that damn door!



After the whole session, she gave some tips on which area to improve and what not to do in the exam! First thing she said to me was "I told you before, no ENGLISH!" At that moment I wasn't sure should I just tell her that I didn't know the words to it, just nod my head or just play dumb?? I went with the second option.



" I know you can speak French, just need to be more confident! " was the next thing she said to me. I was flattered that she acknowledge that I could speak French but at the same time was disappointed with myself as I knew I could have done better in the confident area!



I'm still trying to work on that as at certain times I can be intimidated by my juries or lecturers * well actually it depends on which subjects and French isn't one of those subs *



So basically, I have a lot to work on for FRENCH in order to score!





I used to tell Timothy that you can't stay in Basic French forever, it's good to learn more than what we have already learned, as he's always saying " I hate this, I hate this, I hate this.. I want to go back to Basic French"




Now, I wish I was back to Basic French where it was far more easier *at my time, not too sure if they have change the format* and more interesting.. maybe it was because of the lecturer and the classes that the Tourism students combined with.




Maybe just Maybe....






Enough bout French! Need to study for my Technical Case Studies! * sigh *















ps/ I think I lead a very sad student life! prob because I took the wrong course....... I think

No comments: